Your pasture production may be constrained by one or more limiting nutrients. You will achieve the best results by regularly testing your soil and tailoring your application to address deficiencies.
- When starting a soil testing program, comprehensive soil tests should be taken in every paddock.
- Use subsequent annual testing to measure phosphorus (Colwell P or Olsen P), potassium (Colwell K) and/or sulphur (KCL 40S).
- Identify if any soil ameliorants are required.
- Comprehensive soil tests should be repeated every ve to eight years to check on pH, other cations and trace elements as well as the macro nutrients.
- Be sure what the best fertiliser types (including blends) and appropriate rates for individual paddocks are, so you are not wasting money.
- Nutrient Advantage® is Australia’s leading soil testing laboratory and is accredited by NATA and ASPAC.